Following guidance and legislation, as set out by ScotGov, here’s what you need to know:
- You should not visit if you have any of the key symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Face coverings are mandatory in all indoor settings across our retail and hospitality sites. You can of course remove your face covering when seated in our restaurants, bars and cafes when eating of drinking. Bridal couples may also remove their face covering for photographs only
- 2-metre social distancing measures are in place throughout and must be maintained by all guests, visitors and colleagues at all times. Please also observe all one-way systems, clearly signposted for your convenience
- We have placed signage throughout our hotels, museum and retail outlets outlining covid-19 requirements, such as face coverings and social distancing
- Hand-sanitising stations are available at all key points
- All visitors, guests and colleagues will have their temperature checked and recorded on arrival to our hotels
DRINKING & DINING
- We are operating table-service-only drinking and dining and all tables in our hotel restaurants and bars must be pre-booked in advance
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions can take place indoors and outdoors with a maximum of 20 attending, including the Bridal Couple. However, social distancing must be maintained between households and table-service-only will continue to operate for receptions
- Alcohol may presently be served indoors in hospitality, when purchased with a meal
- All hospitality settings must be closed by 22:00, with all guests in their rooms and non-residents having vacated the premises by this time. This includes wedding parties
- From 3rd November to 2nd December we are currently only accepting resident bookings for drinking and dining. However, you can book to join us from the 3rd of December onwards to dine with us at Smiths Hotel and Gretna Hall Hotel.
STAYING WITH US
- Guests must not mix in other guest’s rooms
- Contactless payments and contactless check-in and out is strongly encouraged
- Wherever possible, shared items which cannot be sanitised between use - such as menus - have been replaced with digitally-accessible versions, however, single-use disposable versions are available on request
- Rooms will not be serviced during your stay, however, should you need additional items such as tea and coffee, pillows or towels, you can contact the housekeeping team at any time using your in-room telephone.
- Room service will continue to operate as normal – further details are available in the in-room guide - and remains exempt from alcohol or curfew restrictions.
CLEANING & PROTECTION
- We have enhanced our cleaning protocols and introduced advanced covid-secure cleaning measures to help protect both visitors and colleagues throughout our properties
- All of our colleagues will be wearing a face-covering during your stay, however some of our teams may be wearing additional PPE, where relevant; including disposable gloves and aprons
- Perspex screens are in place at all of our checkouts, food service areas, bars and receptions
TRACK & TRACE
- Track and Trace information will be collected for all visitors, guests and colleagues and held securely for 21 days
All our colleagues are regularly trained in the most up-to-date covid-secure policies and legislation and we ask that you please respect their responsibility to ensure that these covid-19 secure measures are maintained at all time.
Please note, that these policies are subject to change at any time, in-line with new Government announcements and guidance and are all in place to keep you and our colleagues safe. We appreciate your support.
To ensure the safety of all of our guests, we have partnered up with global leaders in water, hygiene and energy technologies, Ecolab. Our guests’ well-being is at the top of our priorities and we will continue to strive for a clean, safe environment.
Find out more about Ecolab when you click below.
FIND OUT MORE
HOW WE CLEAN YOUR ROOM
Keeping your health and happiness at the heart of our business, all of our rooms undergo a thorough disinfecting by our dedicated housekeeping team in between each guest’s stay. This includes vacuuming, cleaning furnishings and sterilising surfaces, with special attention given to high-touch areas such as light switches, safes and TV remotes.
To minimise unnecessary contact, our housekeeping team will leave your room untouched throughout your stay, while still continuing to deliver you fresh towels, toiletries and additional milk & teabags as required.
Look forward to spending the night in style with full confidence that your room will be clean and safe upon your arrival.