We wanted to give you a wee bit of a hand to get your wedding planning underway…..so we’ve put together a few pointers from our wedding team on how to plan your perfect big day…..including 20 guests……..all for under £2000!
Here’s 6 pointers to get you started….
1. Have you considered getting married during the week?! Not only are your legal fees less, venue and packages prices are reduced too….. in fact, our Gretna Green weekday offers reduce prices by 25% making them even better value if you’re flexible with dates – this may be even more other places! Accommodation is also likely to be less expensive (and may even be included such as in our Smiths Hotel Late Date package) – a benefit which will be appreciated by both you and your guests!
2. Speaking of packages, have you considered booking your wedding as a package? These can often be cheaper than booking everything separately as special discounts are often included when booking several things together. Many packages will include a photographer, room hire, and a meal at reduced rates making it less expensive and better value for money.
Here at Gretna Green, our wedding team has designed packages with everything you need for your special day here in Gretna Green with a limited budget in mind including this all-inclusive 20 Guest Package! There are a range of wonderful venues to choose from the Original Marriage Room in the Famous Blacksmiths Shop to the marriage room in Smiths Hotel. These packages accommodate up to 18 guests (plus yourselves) and include your ceremony, photography, arrival drinks (toasting your new status of course!), three course meals, accommodation and much more….each package is slightly different designed to create the perfect day for you! (Why not check our website here for more….)
3. Consider choosing a wedding and reception venue close together between which guests and bridal party can walk…..here the Famous Blacksmiths Shop is itself only a short stroll away from our reception venue, Smiths Hotel, and both are a favourite combination for many of our couples as both are located within the magical village of Gretna Green! A saving on transport too for those on a budget as it would be FREE to get from ceremony to reception…!
4. Feeling creative? Take a look through sites such as Pinterest for inspiration for save the dates, invitations or even name cards for table settings….or check our Facebook page for inspiration for favours, cakes, flowers and more….you may even want to make some of these yourself!
5. Watching your guest list and asking for wedding help rather than wedding gifts can help too….from hair to makeup to decorations and photography there may be somewhere you know with a talent which comes in handy for that big day! Also a great way to come up with other ideas for anything from outfits to flowers to cake and more! Check if these can be worked into a package or perhaps consider them as gifts!
6. Worried about entertainment? You don’t need to have a band or disco…..many hotels will be willing to lend speakers or a music station which you can use on the night…just check in advance that it’s available. Here at Smiths hotel, we’ve got music docks available to borrow for your reception….so bring your favourite tunes from home to keep the celebrations lively and completely unique to the two of you!
Don’t forget – we’re here to help! Stuck on something …. Our wedding team is more than happy to help with suggestions – give them a call on 01461 336001!
Good luck (and congratulations)!